WE CAN PROVIDE SLIP RESISTANCE TESTING FOR YOUR FLOORS ON SITE OR IN HOUSE VIA A SAMPLE, BELOW ARE FURTHER DETAILS OF
- Floor Slip Resistance Testing (CoF) Coefficent of Friction
- BS 7976-2 Floor Pendulum Testing
- Rz Surface Micro Roughness Testing BS 1134-1
- All Equipment Independently Callibrated and BSI Certified
- Full Detailed Reports
- Floor Safety Compliance Reports for All Business Sectors
- A flooring with inadequate Safety Levels may lead to a slip & fall accident/injury and subsequent claim
- Ensure compliance to recommended guidelines
- Conduct a BS 7976-2 Pendulum Test
- Conduct Rz Surface Micro Roughness Test BS1134-1
- Provide Detailed Reports
- This service is used extensively by our clients to ensure proposed flooring will be compliant before fitting and therefore avoiding further costs of remedial work or even prosecution
Contracts can be quoted for continual Assesments / Testing
Contact us with your requirements ie Annualy / Bi-annualy, Quarterly. The reports generated can be included in your safety file to show due diligence.
Slip Risk potential model as recognised by the H&SA, HSE (UK) and The United Kingdom Slip Resistance Group Guidelines (ISSUE 5)
Is your business compliant with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 under section 19 of the 2005 Act Employers are required to carry out Risk Assessments and to record these in the Safety Statement.
The Health and Safety Authority (H&SA Ireland) also states that Employers/Managers must commit to and provide the resources to control the Risks from SLIPS ,TRIPS & FALLS and to take specific action based on Risk Assessment. From 2010 to 2016, 21% of over 10,000 H&SA Workplace visits found NO SLIP, TRIP & FALL Risks. Assessments and this rose to 30% within the Retail Sector.
- Ensure Compliance with Building Regulations
- Technical Guidance Document B-Fire Safety Floors of Escape Routes 1.4.6
- Technical Guidance Document M- Access and Use 188.8.131.52 (K)
- Technical Guidance Document M- Access and Use 184.108.40.206 (l)
- Technical Guidance Document M- Access and Use 220.127.116.11 (P)
We can assist you in understanding the various test methods and standards in use throughout Europe and further afield. There are numerous references to different standards given with products and at times very vague test results are provided, having your samples or in situ flooring tested ensures compliance to the relevant standards recognised in Ireland and the UK.
Contact us for Advice on:
- Ramp Tests
- DIN 51130
- DIN 51097 ( Barefoot)
Our services are used across all sectors including:
Health & Safety, Insurance Risk Management, Access & Disability, Flooring Manufacturers/Suppliers, Consulting Engineers, Construction, Architects, Wet Leisure Industry, Hospitality Industry, Solicitors, Health Sector etc.